quite a bit has happened in my life since i last updated this rag. no time to talk about the whole of it, though. i simply want to resume blogging. even if i blog nonsense.
God is watching...
The children were lined up in the cafeteria of a Catholic elementary school for lunch. At the head of the table was a large pile of apples.
The nun made a note and posted on the apple tray: "Take only ONE. God is watching."
Moving further along the lunch line, at the other end of the table was a large pile of chocolate chip cookies.
A child had written a note, "Take all you want. God is watching the apples."
Staff or slave?
And a little gem i picked up wandering about and not minding my business in the office:
I work in your organization and you dictate:
- The time I get out of bed
- The time I get to work
- The kind of clothes I put on
- The environment in which I work
- The time I should go for lunch
- My spending power vis-à-vis my lifestyle
- When I should go on vacation
- The number of hours I spend with my family
- The days I can visits my parents
- The time I can spend with my friends
- The kind of haircut and beards I must put on
- The kind of seminars and trainings I am allowed to partake in The kind of people I spend the greater part of my life with (you cage me with some strangers and call them my colleagues)
- When I am entitled to "improve my lifestyle" by increasing my income
- When I should think and what my dominant thoughts should be
- My geographical location and where I should reside
- The time I ought to be reasonable enough to jump in bed to sleep
- And gosh! When I should even sleep with my girlfriend!
Anyway, I thank you for:
- A guaranteed monthly pay check to fend for my children, parents and siblings
- Guaranteed medicals for my family
- Opportunity to visit places I never thought I could visit on my own
- Putting me off the street and not being labeled as unemployed
- The prestige I have earned in my neighborhood
- The opportunity to meet people (colleague and superior) I ordinarily might not have met so easily on my own (my contacts)
- The insight to learn how a big organization like yours is being run
- The opportunity to build a capital base to start my own business
- The opportunity to study human behavior to enable me manage my future employees
- curbing my excesses especially my “boozing habit” but for the long hours I spent at work, I would have become an alcoholic
- The knowledge imparted in me when you send me on trainings
- The freebies that could have eroded my income; phone calls, internet access e.t.c
- The beautiful lady that sits close to me that I look forward to seeing everyday at work and who might eventually become my wife
At this point, I am confused; should I THANK YOU or CURSE YOU?
Food for thought. Anyway, to ba ka e l'ara to, wa'a wa nkan she si. Laters